Finding your Postgraduate home

Graduates throwing their hats in the air

Where to live in Swansea

As a postgraduate student joining the Swansea University community, we want to help you find a place you can call home. We understand what you need and want from accommodation to support you with this next chapter. Find out why university accommodation may be the best option for you.

Postgraduate accommodation is available on Bay Campus and Singleton Park Campus, and in the City Centre at Beck House, Seren and true student. We also advertise private, off-campus accommodation for those who want to live in a house or flat while studying.

Tenancies are mainly offered on a fixed, 51 week basis although we are also able to offer some designated postgraduate flats for one semester and 40 weeks. You can discuss your required tenancy length with our accommodation team. As Postgraduate courses may run beyond September, past the Tenancy End Date issued, you may be required to submit a second application for accommodation for the following September.

Which option is best for me?

Deciding where to live during your time in Swansea is largely down to personal preference. We all have different needs and wants and we are confident the variety we have on offer will leave you satisfied. You can find out more about all of our residences here.

We also provide designated areas for Welsh speaking students preferring to live with other Welsh speakers, single-sex areas, alcohol free residences, quiet areas and mature student accommodation, as well as residences for those studying subjects with non-standard course lengths. A number of our rooms are accessible or can be adapted to your needs. If you would like to live in a designated area, please specify this on your application and our allocation team will try and support you with this.

Living in Singleton Park or Bay Campus puts you right at the centre of University life. Self-catering accommodation comprises fully-furnished, en-suite rooms with a shared kitchen and dining area.

At Beck House, we have a number of single and family flats, approximately a mile from Singleton Park Campus in the popular area of Uplands. Due to the 51-week tenancies, this accommodation is a popular choice with postgraduate and international students.

Find out why university accommodation may be the best option for you.

Living in the Private Sector

Some postgraduate students decide that they would prefer to live off-campus in private sector student houses and flats in Swansea. If halls of residences are not for you then we have you covered. Our online, searchable database, Studentpad, allows you to locate available private housing, close to both campuses, as well as local facilities such as shops, bars and restaurants. This takes the effort and hassle out of house-hunting.

The Accommodation team are always happy to help and can support you with every step of the way.

Need more help deciding what is right for you?

Hear from some of our students about accommodation on and off campus.