Girl in a red top working at a laptop

What can I study as an International Student at Swansea University?

Swansea University has a broad range of degree programmes for international students to consider.  This section will guide you on how to search through our courses and submit a successful application.

Course Search

Find your course:

Undergraduate / Postgraduate

International Student Entry Requirements

Entry requirements for individual courses can vary widely. If you are currently studying towards non-UK qualifications or hold a non-UK qualification you must obtain a suitable equivalent for entry onto our courses at Swansea University. 

All our minimum entry requirements and relevant country information can be found on our individual country pages, or alternatively you can download our complete global lists for postgraduate study:

If your country is not listed and you are unsure if you qualify to study with us, you can contact the Admissions Office.


PLEASE NOTE: Applicants for PhD/EngD/ProfD/EdD - to support our commitment to providing an environment free of discrimination and celebrating diversity at Swansea University you are required to complete an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form in addition to your programme application form.  Please click the following link to complete your Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form (online form). 

What if I do not meet the academic requirements?

If you do not meet the academic requirements for our Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes, do not panic! You have the option of taking a Foundation, Integrated Year One or Pre-Masters programme at The College, Swansea University which will then lead into a Swansea University degree.

What if I need to improve my English?

All students applying to Swansea University need to demonstrate they have a sufficient level of language ability to study their chosen course. English Language requirements are shown on each course page, so we encourage you to check these first before applying.

We have a range of guidance on our English Language Requirements pages, including requirements for students from Majority English Speaking Countries and Approved Tests.

While in most cases there are a number of ways students can demonstrate their English skills, some international students on a Student Visa require an IELTS for UKVI.

If you need to improve your English Language level, we have a dedicated English Language Training Service (ELTS) that can help you get to the standard you need before starting your chosen degree.