To be considered for postgraduate study you must satisfy the University's general entry requirements as well as any specific requirements for your chosen programme.
- Generally, the minimum entry requirement for taught courses is a lower second class honours degree (2:2), or equivalent. However, a number of courses require an upper second class honours degree (2:1), or equivalent, please see individual course pages for information. (EU and international candidates: please see our country-specific information below for 2.1 and 2.2 equivalences.)
- We will welcome an application from you if you significant and relevant full-time work experience, but don’t have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent). Applications will be judged on an individual basis.
- As a guideline, the normal expectation for you to demonstrate significant experience will be at least 3 years full-time experience if your highest qualifications are school Advanced level and 5 years if your highest qualifications are GCSE level. The relevance of your experience will also be considered.
- Our decision will take account of both the significance of your experience and its relevance to your chosen programme of study. Please note that you will also be asked to demonstrate that you can undertake work of an appropriate standard and any evidence should be included in your application form (for example, please include a transcript if you have already studied a stand-alone M-Level module).
Please refer to the individual course page for specific programme entrance requirements. As well as academic qualifications and practical experience, we look for evidence of your interest in the programme and an understanding of the rigorous demands of postgraduate study.
If you are an EU or an international applicant you will need to ensure that your academic and English language qualifications meet our entry requirements by the start of your course. You can check the comparability of your qualifications with our entry requirements by reviewing the appropriate document below:
- Country-specific Information for European Applicants 2019
- Country-specific Information for International Applicants 2019
Alternatively, please email the Postgraduate Admissions Office for assistance.