Students with disabilities & special requirements
Take a look at our video featuring one of our residents, David Smith and his experience of the accommodation process.
David talks about living in residences and the importance of advance planning to ensure your accommodation is equipped to meet your needs. Forms for accommodation subsidies can be found in the Document Store.
We are committed to enabling access for all students. For those with specific requirements, we ask that you apply as early as possible.
Students with Disabilities will be given priority during the allocation process once they have contacted the Disability Office.
In order to give your application the best attention, we require the following:
- Make your application by 1st August. You can apply whether you hold an Unconditional, Conditional, Insurance or Clearing offer with the University - Visit our applying for accommodation pages here
- Tell us what support you need at the time of your application.
- If you applying after this date, you may consider deferring if appropriate accommodation is not available.
- Let us know what support you need, whether it be an ensuite, fridge for medication, adapted facilities or location of your accommodation.
- Only information provided when applying and recommendations from a medical professional for adaptations can be taken into account when allocating rooms.
We allocate from February each year for students holding unconditional offers. Therefore, once rooms have been allocated, we are unable to process additional information not provided at the time of the application.
Care Experienced Students
We assist Money@CampusLife in supporting students who come from a care background and work closely to ensure that the required support with regards to their accommodation needs is met, such as year-round accommodation.
We can also offer, where possible, a full choice from Residential Services' extensive range of room categories such as good value accommodation or a convenient location, whatever is the most suitable accommodation for their individual requirements.
Please note that in order to guarantee year-round accommodation, Residential Services may need to request that, outside of the academic year they move room or residence.
- If you require any further information about the support available to you, you should make enquiries via Money@CampusLife.
- To return to Money@Campus life page highlighting the full range of support available to Care Experienced Young People, please follow this link.
There is a full support network for students.
Our Residence Life Co-ordinator and Residence Life Assistants are here to support you with any accommodation issues.
- Welfare@CampusLife provides advice and guidance to students on a range of welfare issues including homesickness, culture shock, bereavement, bullying, harassment, relationship breakdowns and much more. Everyone has a different student experience when they start University. Be assured that we are just as concerned about students' welfare as we are about their academic studies and performance.