Chemistry research is thriving at Swansea University. Spanning a wide range of fields, it is set to multiply at a rapid pace over the next three years. Our research groups are currently focused on four themes:
- New and advanced molecules and materials
- Water and the environment
These initiatives transcend traditional discipline boundaries and integrate core areas of organic, inorganic, physical and analytical chemistries while intersecting with engineering, medicine, and other scientific disciplines.
The new Chemistry department at Swansea has a purpose-built, state-of-the-art Chemistry Hub containing modern teaching laboratories, research space and access to a diverse line of research infrastructures.
High-quality, high-impact chemistry research is already taking place in world-class centres at Swansea.
- The Centre for NanoHealth
- The Institute of Mass Spectrometry
- The Institute of Life Sciences
- The Energy Safety Research Institute
- Multidisciplinary Nanotechnology Centre
- The Centre for Water Advanced Technologies and Environmental Research
- The Materials Research Centre
Integrating the new Chemistry department with Engineering, the Medical School and other College of Science departments help us to cultivate an environment of research excellence. This environment allows you to conceptualise, innovate and develop products in a way suited to research in the 21st century. You will be equipped to generate disruptive step-change advances with a tangible impact on urgent global challenges.