- Foundations and Futures:
- A Liquid Tangible Display for Mobile Colour Mixing
Steer, S. Robinson, J. Pearson, D. Sahoo, I. Mabbett, M. Jones. Accepted to appear in Proceedings of MobileHCI 2018, Barcelona, September 2018.
o Tangible Drops: A Visio-Tactile Display Using Actuated Liquid-Metal Droplets
D. Sahoo, T. Neate, Y. Tokuda, J. Pearson, S. Robinson, S. Subramanian, M. Jones. In Proceedings of CHI 2018 (Paper No. 177), Montreal, April 2018.
- Sparkle: Hover Feedback with Touchable Electric Arcs.
Spelmezan, Daniel., Sahoo, Deepak Ranjan. & Subramanian, Sriram. (2017). In Proceedings of CHI 2017, 3705-3717. Denver, May 2017
- Metamaterial bricks and quantization of meta-surfaces.
- The Digital Divide:
- Make Yourself at Phone: Reimagining Mobile Interaction Architectures With Emergent Users
Robinson, J. Pearson, T. Reitmaier, S. Ahire, M. Jones. In Proceedings of CHI 2018(Paper No. 407), Montreal, April 2018.
- Revisiting “Hole in the Wall Computing”: Private Smart Speakers and Public Slum Settings
Robinson, J. Pearson, S. Ahire, R. Ahirwar, B. Bhikne, N. Maravi, M. Jones. In Proceedings of CHI 2018(Paper No. 498), Montreal, April 2018.
- Better Together: Disaggregating Mobile Services for Emergent Users
Robinson, J. Pearson, M. Jones, A. Joshi, S. Ahire. In Proceedings of MobileHCI 2017(Article 44), Vienna, September 2017.
- Evaluating Deformable Devices with Emergent Users
Pearson, S. Robinson, C. Coutrix, M. Jones. In Proceedings of MobileHCI 2017(Article 14), Vienna, September 2017.
Drinkwater, Bruce W. & Subramanian, Sriram, In Nature Communications, 8, 14608, 2017.
o BookMark: Appropriating Existing Infrastructure to Facilitate Scalable Indoor Navigation
J. Pearson, S. Robinson, M. Jones. IJHCS 103(3): 22–34, 2017.
o Emergeables: Deformable Displays for Continuous Eyes-Free Mobile Interaction
S. Robinson, C. Coutrix, J. Pearson, J. Rosso, M. Torquato, L. Nigay, M. Jones. In Proceedings of CHI 2016 (pages 3793–3805), San Jose, May 2016. Awarded honourable mention.
o It’s About Time: Smartwatches as Public Displays
J. Pearson, S. Robinson, M. Jones. In Proceedings of CHI 2015 (pages 1257–1266), Seoul, April 2015.
o There’s Not An App for That: Mobile User Experience Design for Life
Simon Robinson, Gary Marsden and Matt Jones.
Chameleon Devices: Investigating More Secure and Discreet Mobile Interactions via Active Camouflaging
- Pearson, S. Robinson, M. Jones, A. Joshi, S. Ahire, D. Sahoo, S. Subramanian. In Proceedings of CHI 2017(pages 5184–5196), Denver, May 2017. Awarded honourable mention.
- Rich Digital Collaborations in a Small Rural Community.
A. Dix, A. Malizia, T. Turchi, S. Gill, G. Loudon, R. Morris, A. Chamberlain and A. Bellucci, Chapter 20 in Collaboration Meets Interactive Spaces, C. Anslow et al. (eds.), Springer. pp 463-483, 2016/2017
o PaperChains: Dynamic Sketch+Voice Annotations
J. Pearson, S. Robinson, M. Jones. In Proceedings of CSCW 2015 (pages 383–392), Vancouver, March 2015.
o Beyond “Yesterday’s Tomorrow”: Future-Focused Mobile Interaction Design By and For Emergent Users
M. Jones, S. Robinson, J. Pearson, M. Joshi, D. Raju, C. Mbogo, S. Wangari, A. Joshi, E. Cutrell, R. Harper. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing 21(1): 157–171, 2017.
o Exploring Low-Cost, Internet-Free Information Access for Resource-Constrained Communities
J. Pearson, S. Robinson, M. Jones. TOCHI 23(6), Article 36, 2016.
- Verbal Design: A Participatory Design Approach with Illiterate Patient User Groups.
Zeb, Kehkashan., Lindsay, Stephen., Shahid, Suleman. & Jones, Matt. (2018). Presented at DIS '18 Companion Proceedings of the 2018 ACM Conference Companion Publication on Designing Interactive Systems, 271-275. Hong Kong, China, June 2018
- Misunderstanding IT: Hospital cybersecurity and software problems reach the courts.
Thimbleby, Harold, In Digital Evidence and Electronic Signature Law Review, 15, 11-32, 2018
- Cybersecurity problems in a typical hospital (and probably in all of them).
Thimbleby, H., In Proceedings of the 25th Safety-Critical Systems Symposium, 415-439.Developments in System Safety Engineering [SCSC-135], 2017.
- Attitudes towards Attention and Ageing
Jenkins, A., Eslambolchilar, P., Lindsay, S., Hare, M., Thornton, I. & Tales, A. In International Journal of Mobile Human Computer Interaction, 8(2), 47-68, 2016
- Unreliable numbers: error and harm induced by bad design can be reduced by better design.
Thimbleby, Harold., Oladimeji, Patrick. & Cairns, Paul, In Journal of The Royal Society Interface 12(110), 2015.
- ConCap: Designing to Empower Individual Reflection on Chronic Conditions using Mobile Apps
Tom Owen, J. Pearson, H. Thimbleby, G. Buchanan: In proceedings of Mobile HCI 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark, August 2015