The Research Masters in Future Interaction Technologies encourages you to go beyond building new software and hardware, and analytically consider how technologies can be used and improved.
This programme is led by the Future Interaction Technology (FIT) Lab, based within the department of Computer Science. The mission of FIT Lab is to explore and apply advanced computer science in making interaction technologies dependable, enjoyable and effective. By interaction technologies, we mean mobile devices, the web and web 2.0, implants, smart televisions, microwaves, ticket machines, navigational aids and much more. We aim to address grand challenges such as healthcare safety, and widely accessible technology to help everyone live more effectively and sustainably.
This programme is suitable for continued academic research, but also provides the skills and experience necessary for practically converting research into practice across industry.
Computer Science at Swansea University is widely acknowledged as a leading UK department, with a raft of impressive rankings reflecting teaching and research excellence.
Why Computer Science at Swansea?
- 5th in the UK for Overall Satisfaction by the National Student Survey, 2021
- 5th for course satisfaction by the Guardian University Guide, 2021
- UK TOP 12 for Graduate Prospects by the Complete University Guide, 2022
- Ranked Top 20 in the UK for Research Excellence [Research Excellence Framework 2014-2021]
- World-ranked [QS World University Rankings]