Welcome to Swansea University
Founded in 1920, the University stands in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the Gower Peninsula. Based across two locations, the Singleton Park and Bay Campuses, the University offers an extensive range of continuing education programmes. As Wales' second city, Swansea enjoys a complete range of social, cultural and sporting amenities and excellent transport links; London is 192 miles away, under three hours by train, and Cardiff, the capital of Wales, is less than an hour away. You can find out more about the history, vision and values of the university on our website.
Useful Links for New Staff
Below you will find useful links to information for new staff, such as what you need to do when you begin your job at the university, as well as details on where to go for different services on the two campuses.
We also provide helpful information in the current staff and managers sections of our intranet, which you will have access to upon starting your role.
- Benefits of working for the University
- Relocating to Swansea
- Before you arrive - information on what documentation to bring to the HR Department before you start work.
- On your first day - information on staff ID cards, payroll, car parking and travel.
- New Starter Pack - links to relevant documents listed in your appointment letter.
- Overseas Nationals - information for International Staff moving to work in a UK university.
- Moving to the UK after Brexit: EU Citizens and their families - advice from the UK Government
- Health and Safety