Physician Associate Studies is open to applications from UK/EU ('home') candidates. Further information about how to confirm your eligibility can be found on the University's Fee Status Assessment page.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Physician Associate Course, you must not have already pursued another PA course (fully or in part). All applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of caring experience
- GCSE Mathematics and English/Welsh at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- A minimum 2.2 (or predicted 2.2 which is subsequently satisfied*) at degree level in a biomedical science or health related discipline**. Applicants who have achieved a high degree (a 2.1 or a 1st) in a non-related discipline and can provide evidence of relevant work experience and values in line with the NHS constitution may be considered on an individual basis.
*Pending degree results must be evidenced by 31st July of the year of intended enrolment.
**Degrees awarded in countries other than the UK can be accepted if they are confirmed to be equivalent to awards in the UK system. For applicants holding more than one undergraduate degree, it is the result from the most recent degree that will be considered.
Providing the entry requirements are met, all applications are treated fairly and consistently upon their merits and successful individuals will then be invited to interview.
The PA Course is not open to:
- Applicants who have previously enrolled on a PA course
- Applicants who have previously enrolled on a medical degree
- Transfers from other PA courses