With our main research strengths of aerospace materials, environmental materials and steel technology, Swansea University provides an excellent base for your research as a PhD or MPhil student in Materials Engineering.
To find out more about the world-leading research that we do visit the Materials Research Centre website.
Recent PhD theses supervised in the area of Materials Engineering at Swansea University include
- Bioinspired investigation via x-ray computed micromography
- Characterisation of Compressor Abradable Systems
- Validation of a high integrity/repair process for aerospace materials
- Constitutive behaviour in turbine disc alloys
- Investigating the dwell crack growth and creep resistance behaviour of next generation nickel disc alloys
- Addressing the scale up challenges of solid state mesoscopic solar cells
- Low cost dye sensitized solar cells on metal substrates
- Role of environment and its effects on high temperature corrosion-fatigue life in nickel based superalloys
Find out more about some of the academic staff supervising theses in these areas in our Directory of Expertise.