Pressure is increasing on our limited water resources. With more people requiring clean water, effective solutions need to come from reusing water in the most efficient way.
The MSc by Research in Membrane Technology has a wide range of subject choices including:
- Modelling membrane processes
- Membrane and process characterisation
- Hazardous substances
- Development of new membranes
- Ozonation and Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs)
- Pilot scale studies
The Centre for Water Advanced Technologies and Environmental Research (CWATER) is an internationally leading centre of excellence for the development of advanced technologies in water treatment.
CWATER's research areas, broadly speaking, fit into one of three categories:
- Drinking water treatment: improved methods of potable water treatment, with a view to meeting tightening regulations at cheaper capital and operating costs.
- Waste-water treatment: technologies for the efficient removal of environmentally harmful materials and thus reduced emissions per output of discharge.
- Process-water treatment: methods for the treatment of process streams enabling the recycling of water and valuable chemical intermediates.