- Mathematics Top 15 for graduate prospects [Complete University Guide, 2021]
- Ranked Top 400 in the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021 and QS World University Rankings 2022
- World-class facilities for mathematical and computational science
- The Swansea University Actuarial Science programme is accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).
- You will be joining a university that holds a TEF Gold Award, UK Government recognition for teaching excellence
If you love the beauty, precision, complexity and simplicity of mathematics, and like being challenged, then the Mathematics degree at Swansea University is the course for you.
Our new three-year BSc in Mathematics and Computer Science will focus on the application of mathematical ideas and computational skills to cutting edge real world problems. This is an exciting field with rapid developments in areas such as modelling, graphics, security, data analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence which are all underpinned by mathematical ideas. Through this degree students will not only learn about the theoretical foundations of such ideas, but also develop the practical skills in programming and problem solving that employers are looking for.