How we plan to improve accessibility in Canvas
Our accessibility roadmap shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on canvas.swan.ac.uk:
- Review the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) Accessibility Audit on annual basis to assess conformance to WCAG 2.1 standards.
- Work with Canvas and LTI providers to address accessibility issues raised through our internal audit and testing of sample pages.
- Work with content editors to educate them on accessibility best practice regarding use of headers and image alternatives.
- Communicate any serious accessibility concerns and issues raised directly from end users to Canvas and LTI providers for them to be addressed as soon as possible.
- Investigate processes to monitor and automate accessibility compliance testing of the Canvas platform to establish a culture of continuous improvement with accessibility in the university.
This work will be undertaken over the next 12 months.