The British American Foundation of Texas (BAFTX) was established to help provide financial assistance and educational opportunities to academically-gifted students in the United Kingdom and the United States.
It offers a number of dedicated scholarship programmes to Swansea University students participating in the University's reciprocal exchange programmes with Texas A&M University and the University of Houston.
How to Apply: Supporting Materials
In advance of applying, students should gather/prepare the following:
- Average mark for the year (or semester if only one semester has been completed)
- The income and occupation of each parent & the Gross Income of the household
- Reference from Academic Mentor on Swansea University headed paper
- Academic Transcript (provided by Go Global) signed by Academic or Academic Mentor
- Passport style picture to upload electronically
- Details of voluntary / community work and extra-curricular activities
8. A budget outline (download BAFTX Scholarship Budget Outline Guidance)
9. A 1,000 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Explain a situation in which you were directly involved that did not go according to plan and, as a result, how you responded to the new situation.
- Describe an ethical dilemma you experienced firsthand. How did you manage and resolve the situation?
- Describe a situation where, due to your background, beliefs, or life experiences, you felt at odds in an environment. How did you react to and overcome the differences?