The University supports an ongoing programme of faculty mobility between Swansea and its Texas partner universities.
Supported by dedicated funding, including bespoke Texas Collaboration Funding Awards and Erasmus+ funds, it has been able to facilitate a significant number of faculty visits and deliver an extensive programme of more than 75 guest lectures in both Swansea and Texas.
Texas Collaboration Funding Awards
The Texas Strategic Partnership offers the Texas Collaboration Funding Awards to assist with Swansea University staff travel costs to Texas for the purpose of developing new collaborative activity with one (or more) of the University's Texas partner institutions in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Collaborative research
- Teaching collaboration
- Student exchange
- Professional services collaborations
Ten awards of up to £1,500 each are being offered in 2019.
See below for eligibility and how to apply.
A number of internationally renowned academics from Texas partner universities have been appointed into Honorary positions at Swansea to further strengthen collaborations in teaching and research:
- Professor Philip Bobbit (University of Texas at Austin)
- Dr Stuart Corr (Baylor College of Medicine)
- Professor Kurt Heinzelman (University of Texas at Austin)
- Dr Barry Holtz (iBio)
- Professor Allen Matusow (Rice University)
- Dr Jaime Ortiz (University of Houston)
- Dr Tong Sun (Houston Methodist Research Institute)
- Dr Matthew Ware (Celgene)
- Dr Amy Wright (Houston Methodist Research Institute)