If you are joining us in Swansea as an exchange or visiting student, you may be required to apply for a visa (if you don't hold a UK passport).

  • Students coming for a semester (less than 6 months): 
    • You may need a Standard Visitor visa, depending on your home country. Please check using the Gov.uk website. 
    • Will not be entitled to free health care during your time in the UK.
    • Will need to secure private medical insurance for the length of your stay. EU students should also bring a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
    • If you require a visa, please review detailed information available via the International@CampusLife team: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/international-campuslife/immigration/visitor/ 

Information correct as of 3rd August 2023

Proof of English Language

Swansea University requires all students who are from a country which is not on the ‘Majority English Speaking Countries’ list to provide evidence of their English language. If you are from a country not on this list, you must provide evidence as part of your application. You may already have a qualification which you can use - please check the lists of accepted qualifications:

If you do not have one of the approved tests, you can apply to complete a free online SWELT test. You will need to submit your application to study abroad at Swansea first so that we can provide you with a 'conditional' offer. This will enable you to then complete the test for free: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/english-language-training-services/swelt