If you are joining us in Swansea as an exchange or visiting student, you may be required to apply for a visa (if you don't hold a UK passport).
- Students coming for a semester (less than 6 months):
- You may need a Standard Visitor visa, depending on your home country. Please check using the Gov.uk website.
- Will not be entitled to free health care during your time in the UK.
- Will need to secure private medical insurance for the length of your stay. EU students should also bring a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- If you require a visa, please review detailed information available via the International@CampusLife team: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/international-campuslife/immigration/visitor/
- Students coming for a full academic year (more than 6 months):
- You will need a Student visa.
- It costs approximately £363 to apply for a Student Route visa from outside the UK.
- You’ll have to pay the healthcare surcharge of approximately £470 as part of your application
- Detailed information about how to apply as well as details about the costs and the amount you must be able to provide evidence of for a visa is available via the International@CampusLife team: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/international-campuslife/immigration/applying-for-a-visa/
Information correct as of 3rd August 2023
Proof of English Language
Swansea University requires all students who are from a country which is not on the ‘Majority English Speaking Countries’ list to provide evidence of their English language. If you are from a country not on this list, you must provide evidence as part of your application. You may already have a qualification which you can use - please check the lists of accepted qualifications:
- Approved tests for nationals of any country
- Accepted School leaver qualifications (Non-EU)
- Accepted School leaver qualifications (EU/EEA)
If you do not have one of the approved tests, you can apply to complete a free online SWELT test. You will need to submit your application to study abroad at Swansea first so that we can provide you with a 'conditional' offer. This will enable you to then complete the test for free: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/english-language-training-services/swelt