Visa Information for Exchange and Visiting students
If you are joining us in Swansea as an exchange or visiting student for the 2021/22 academic year, you may be required to apply for a visa (if you don't hold a UK passport).
- Students coming for a semester (less than 6 months):
- You may need a Standard Visitor visa, depending on your home country. Please check using the Gov.uk website.
- Will not be entitled to free health care during your time in the UK.
- Will need to secure private medical insurance for the length of your stay. EU students should also bring a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- If you require a visa, please review detailed information available via the International@CampusLife team: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/international-campuslife/immigration/visitor/
- Students coming for a full academic year (more than 6 months):
- You will need a Student Route visa.
- It costs approximately £348 to apply for a Student Route visa from outside the UK.
- You’ll have to pay the healthcare surcharge of approximately £470 as part of your application
- Detailed information about how to apply as well as details about the costs and the amount you must be able to provide evidence of for a visa is available via the International@CampusLife team: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/international-campuslife/immigration/applying-for-a-visa/
Information correct as of 22nd April 2021