We suggest you start by choosing one or two books listed below to delve into – perhaps from a module you are particularly interested in, or a module you feel might be particularly challenging.
You can also check out the modules expander on each of our course pages for more information on the modules/topics covered in your course and other useful reading materials to help you prepare for your studies.
Module: MN-1011 Micro-economics 1
- Parkin, M. (2017) Economics. Melanie Powell & Kent Matthews (eds).
- Parkin, M. (2014) Economics [print and electronic book] / Michael Parkin, Melanie Powell, Kent Matthews. 9th ed.; European edition. Kent. Matthews (ed.). [Online]. Harlow: Pearson Education Limited.
- Michael Parkin 1939- (2012) Economics / by Michael Parkin, Melanie Powell, Kent Matthews. 8th edition; European edition. Melanie Powell & Kent Matthews (eds.). Harlow, Addison-Wesley.
Module: MN-1021 Accounting for Economics
- Dyson, J.R. (2010) Accounting for non-accounting students / John R. Dyson. Eighth edition. Harlow, England: Pearson Education Limited.
- Atrill (2013) Accounting and finance for non-specialists / Peter Atrill and Eddie McLaney. 8th ed. E. J McLaney (ed.). Harlow, Financial Times/Prentice Hall.
Module: MN-1018 Maths 1 for Economics A (for students who have studied A-Level Maths)
- Knut Sydsæter author. (2016) Essential mathematics for economic analysis / Knut Sydsæter and Peter Hammond. Fifth edition. Peter J. Hammond 1945- author. (ed.). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson Education.
- Bradley, T. (2013) Essential mathematics for economics and business / Teresa Bradley. 4th ed. Chichester [England]; Malden, Mass., Wiley-Blackwell.
- Carl P. Simon 1945- author (2006) Mathematics for economists / Carl P. Simon, Lawrence Blume. Viva-Norton Student Edition. Lawrence Blume author (ed.). New Delhi, India: Vinod Vasishtha for Viva Books.
Module: MN-1019 Maths 1 for Economics B (for students who have not studied A-Level Maths)
- Renshaw, G. (2016) Maths for economics. 4th revised edition. S.l.], Oxford Univ Press. Jacques, I. (2015) Mathematics for economics and business / Ian Jacques. Eight edition.