The MSc Community Health Studies, Specialist Practice Award in District Nursing aims to prepare district nurses to work independently and autonomously in a complex, rapidly changing environment; our aim is to help you become inspirational leaders of the future, transforming practice, contributing to the wider health care agenda.
As a result of this Master's Degree you will be able to:
- Work as part of a Primary Health Care Team to provide skilled nursing care to patients in a variety of community settings.
- Take responsibility for managing the caseload and the team.
- Act as the patient's advocate to facilitate the patient's own choices with regard to nursing care, promoting independence and self-care, as appropriate.
- Actively monitor, maintain and develop service/practice innovation through supervision, reflection, skilled professional leadership and integration with other allied health professionals.
- Follow a complex framework of legislation, policy and standards for safe effective medicine management and prescribing practice.
- Conduct a practice-based project in order to add to the evidence base for district nursing practice.
- Seek opportunity to apply for a band 7 Team Leader post.