Generic Wi-Fi Instructions
If you have a device that does not have instructions provided for it, then you will have to use the generic instructions below along with the user manual of the device in order to self configure it.
- First make sure you have registered.
- Once you have registered you need to set up a Wireless Profile. The setting will be:
- SSID / Network Name = eduroam
- Security Type = WPA2 Enterprise
- Encryption = AES
- Network Mode = Infrastructure
- EAP Type = EAP-PEAP
- User Name = Your full Swansea University email address (including the @swansea.ac.uk part)
- Password = Your email account password
- Realm / Domain = Leave blank.
- Outer Identity = Your full Swansea University email address (including the @swansea.ac.uk part)
- Fast Reconnect = Yes
- Server SAN = leave this empty
- Verify Server Certificate = Yes (optional)
- Global Root Certificate = Swansea University Certificate Authority
- Link to certificate