Below are instructions on how to connect your Android device to the eduroam wireless network. Please ensure that you are connected to the SwanseaUni-setup wireless network when following the instructions relevant to your device.
Android Wi-Fi Setup Instructions
Below are instructions on how to connect your AndroidOS based device to the eduroam wireless network using the eduroamCAT app.
Getting the eduroamCAT app
- First register your Android device.
Note: On some android devices you may need to go into the settings for the SwanseaUni-Steup network and ensure that it is set to use "Device MAC" rather than "Randomised MAC" or it will not register the correct MAC address for your device. If you do need to alter this for the setup network the same will need to be repeated for Eduroam after setup.
2. You need to install the eduroamCAT app. This is available from the Google Play Store.
You will not be able to get this through the SwanseaUni-Setup network. You will either need to switch off wireless on your device and use 3g/4g network access or visit the Library (at Bay or Singleton Park campus) and connect to the SwanseaUni-Visitors network.
Get the EAP-Config file for the app
3. Once the app is installed, you need to locate the config file. This can be found and downloaded to your Android device here: EAP Config file
4. Once you load the config file, you need to click Install on the eduroamCAT app and agree to the terms.
5. Next enter your username and password.
Your username is your Swansea University email address, including the @swansea.ac.uk part.
Your password is your email account password.
6. Then click the Install button to connect.
7. Use the Status section to confirm you are connected.