The development of novel potential drugs, drug formulations and delivery systems is a very important research focus for the Chemistry Department. The combined research expertise of the Chemistry staff involved in this research area covers and explores different major areas of drug discovery and health research, from in silico drug design to the evaluation of novel medical solutions in pre-clinical models.
Starting from the study of disease targets and pathways, our mission is to translate novel ideas into new drugs and drug systems.
Our main areas of expertise are:
- Computer-Aiderd Drug Design (CADD)
- SAR by NMR
- Synthesis of new chemical agents and analogue libraries
- Multi-action therapeutics
- In vitro assays and target validation
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Chemical communication in agriculture