Centre for Integrative Semiconductor materials (CISM)
The ConceptThe Partnership The Building Contact CISM Pre-Planning Consultation
Bringing together semiconductor and advanced materials platforms and processes to deliver new technologies and products. Helping to create the skills and talent to keep our industry at the leading edge.
Providing a range of services from blue-sky research to applied R&TD, prototyping and process development, specialist services, incubation, engagement, training and access to the UK and EU innovation grants portfolio.
Manufacturing meets research and development
CISM – will deliver a bespoke, integrated facility for semiconductor research and technology development on Swansea University’s new Bay Campus containing:
- Manufacturing grade, ISO-qualified clean rooms for process development
- Backend materials integration and packaging capability
- Advanced NNG research laboratories
- II/III-VI MOCVD growth facility
- Customer Bays for SME incubation
- Access to advanced characterisation and analysis [microscopy, surface analysis, chemical, optical, electrical]
- Access to state-of-the-art materials and device-level theory and simulation