The quickest and easiest way to pay your deposit is online using a debit or credit card (but not American Express) via the Swansea University Intranet.
1. Please enter your user name and password
- When logging in the first time your user name is your student number and the default password is set to your student number and date of birth. For example, if your student number is 123456 and date of birth is 1 June 1995, type username "123456" and password "123456/01/06/1995"
- After logging in you will agree to a data protection, and terms and conditions statement
- You should then change your password
2. Under Students Profile, please click Financial Transactions
3. Please tick to select a fee category (for example, PG Tuition Fees if you have been accepted for a postgraduate degree at Swansea. You will choose UG Tuition Fees if you’ve been made an offer on an undergraduate programme.)
4. Enter the amount you would like to pay (at least £2,000) and when you're happy to proceed, please click Make Payment. N.B. At this stage, ignore the total amount outstanding - this will only be updated after you have arrived at Swansea
5. Please enter your card billing address and card details
- You can pay with any credit card except American Express
- Please note that payments through credit cards will be charged 1.5% per transaction
- Please make sure the amount is correct before clicking Complete Payment
6. You will see a confirmation of payment message. Please make a note of the receipt number for your future reference
You can make your payment by bank transfer into Swansea University’s bank account. Please note that these payments can take between 10 and 15 days to clear, so your CAS statement will take longer to prepare.
Full details on how to make a bank transfer are on our Finance pages.
You must quote your student number when making a payment (the number on the top of your offer letter) or we may not be able to match your deposit to your application. Please also quote the word "Tuition".
Financial Sponsor or Government Loan
If a government or company is paying your fees you should ask them for a letter confirming this (see section entitled ‘Steps on obtaining your CAS number/statement from Swansea University.’). You would not normally have to pay a deposit if you are receiving financial support from an official sponsor or from a US Federal Loan. Unfortunately we do not accept parents or family members as sponsors and these are not acceptable for visa purposes.
Debit card payments can be made over the phone by calling MyUniHub on +441792 606000. We do not accept credit card payments by telephone from new International students. We do not accept American Express, Diners Club and NatWest Bank Solo debit cards.
Other payment methods
Please refer to our Finance pages for the full list of available payment methods.