One Day Conference: 10 March 2021
A conference will be held by Swansea University to consider the position of the Welsh language in the wake of COVID-19 in the company of the Welsh Language Commissioner, Aled Roberts. The aim of the conference will be to look at the impact of the pandemic across various aspects of life and work in the context of the Welsh language, including education, technology, community work and workplaces.
Other speakers will include:
- Helen Mary Jones MS, Senedd Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee
- Helen Prosser a Dona Lewis, National Centre for Learning Welsh
- Dr Simon Brooks, Swansea University
- Lisa Walters, Welsh Language Division, Welsh Government
- Dr Gwenllian Lansdown Davies, Mudiad Meithrin
- Heini Gruffudd, Dyfodol yr Iaith
- Lowri Jones, Mentrau Iaith Cymru
- Euros Lewis, Prosiect Fory
- Elin Maher, RHAG
The aim is to identify patterns, solutions or good practices that can contribute to supporting Welsh speakers during this challenging time, but also take steps to protect the language in the long term as the pandemic progresses and its effects continue.
The conference will be held on Zoom. The papers will be delivered in Welsh with simultaneous translation.