- Mathematics Top 15 for graduate prospects [Complete University Guide, 2021]
- Ranked Top 400 in the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021 and QS World University Rankings 2022
- World-class facilities for mathematical and computational science
- The Swansea University Actuarial Science programme is accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).
- You will be joining a university that holds a TEF Gold Award, UK Government recognition for teaching excellence
If you enjoy mathematics and want to apply your knowledge to solve real-world business problems, then the actuarial science programme at Swansea University is an excellent route to meet your goals.
An actuary is a highly trained and influential business professional who uses advanced mathematical modelling and business understanding to analyse future risks.
Students who pursue this course will gain a solid foundation the first year in mathematics, business, and study skills. They will be prepared for greater success in the mathematics and management modules that follow.The programme is accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA), so programme modules in mathematics, accounting, finance and economics are aligned with the IFoA professional examinations. Graduates can obtain up to six exemptions from IFoA professional examinations, which is a tremendous head start toward obtaining actuarial employment and succeeding as an actuary.