Welcome to Swansea!
We'll be sending emails with pre-arrival guidelines, enrolment and induction and welcome week events to ensure you have all the information you need before arriving in Swansea.
Please read our enrolment, arrivals and welcome pages to make sure the start of your year runs smoothly.
What is Enrolment?
All students must enrol before they can officially study at Swansea University, including students studying at partner institutions.
When enrolling you will:
- Register your proof of identity, nationality and right to study.
- Agree online to be a student at Swansea University for the academic year, or part of the academic year.
- Agree online to abide by the University's regulations and policies.
- Verify and update key personal data in your online student record.
- Check and select online the modules you will be studying (where applicable).
- Pay your tuition fees online or have a student loan or proof a sponsor, bursary, scholarship or grant will pay your tuition fee.
- Collect your University and Library ID card and confirm your identity in person (where applicable).
- Attend induction and welcome events in your College
If you do not enrol you will not be able to:
- Claim your University and Library ID card
- Receive your Student Finance Loan or other bursary/scholarship payments (where applicable)
- Access resources for your programme of study
- Participate in assessment
- Access additional University services and information
- Receive proof of enrolment letters for third parties (for example to open a Bank account)
- Live in a University residence (where applicable)
- Receive Council Tax exemption
- Swansea University campus is open in September 2020
- We encourage all students to come to Swansea in September. University campuses and accommodation will be available with appropriate social distancing measures in place
- All courses will be delivered in a blended way to give both online and face-to-face teaching with as much in person teaching on campus as possible
- Regardless of wherever you are – whether in Swansea, elsewhere in the UK, or across the world and joining a little later in the academic year when circumstances allow - we will ensure you will be fully part of our University community.