About our electronic systems research
Internationally leading research in the areas of Power Semiconductor Devices and Technology, Sensors, Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMs), Power Electronics and Power Systems.
- Carry out internationally leading research in the areas of power electronics, renewable energy and biometrics
- Fully exploit the synergy between those disciplines through active collaboration with academia and industry at national and international level
- Contribute to regional and national economic growth through the transfer, dissemination and exploitation of knowledge
- Cultivate an effective and efficient infrastructure, people, knowledge and facilities, for research and education, that is also attractive for external investment
- Offer prestigious postgraduate research opportunities through the scientific development of state-of-the-art electronics and electrical engineering
- Provide innovative postgraduate training at the highest level to equip students with up-to-date, lasting career skills that meet the changing needs of industry and society