Swansea University features among the world's top institutions in 10 out of 11 subject rankings in the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject.
As well as its strong performance in subject areas, Swansea has retained its overall 251-300 global ranking.
Swansea’s highest performers in this year’s subject rankings are:
- Law, a new entry ranked 67
- Education, a new entry ranked 26-150
- Computer Science, ranked 126-150
In addition to having two new subjects feature in the rankings for the first time, five others improved in rank, and two retained their steady position.
- Arts and Humanities: Ranked 301–400
- Business and Economics: Ranked 151–175
- Clinical and Health: Ranked 251–300
- Computer Science: Ranked 126–150
- Education: Ranked 126–150
- Engineering: Ranked 251–300
- Law: Ranked 67
- Physical Sciences: Ranked 201–250
- Psychology: Ranked 251–300
- Social Sciences: Ranked 251–300
Professor Judith Lamie, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for International Engagement, said: “I’m very pleased to see that these latest global rankings place us among the leading universities on such a wide range of subjects.
“Our continued success in these rankings and other UK and international league tables is evidence of our improved performance and rapidly growing reputation of providing top quality teaching, research, student satisfaction and excellent career prospects”.