You will undertake an individual biological sciences research project over two years (MPhil) or three years (PhD), supported by our internationally renowned researchers.
The project will be shaped by your participation in research activities such as seminars, workshops, laboratory activity and field work, as well as your involvement in one of our established research groups. We are currently involved with several major research initiatives, including:
- The investment in the Sustainable Expansion of the Applied Coastal and Marine Sectors (SEACAMS) – a project to expand the commercial marine sector in Wales by increasing collaborative research projects between business and universities.
- Algal Biotechnology for Wales Knowledge Transfer Centre – an initiative providing businesses with advice on microalgal biotechnologies and access to industry-focussed research.
- EnAlgae – aiming to reduce CO2 emissions and dependency on unsustainable energy sources in North West Europe.
- Ecojel – managing the opportunities and detrimental impacts of jellyfish in the Irish Sea.
- LRCI Marine, Low Carbon Research Institute – a collaboration of leading academic marine institutions in Wales, undertaking research to underpin the creation of a sustainable marine sector in Wales.
- The WISE programme (Welsh Institutes for Sustainable Environments) – making the impact of their products and processes more environmentally sustainable.