Start dates: 1st October, 1st January, 1st April, 1st July.
The MD in Medical and Health Care Studies is a programme for well-qualified candidates who want to work on complex medical problems that have both biological and social impacts, building skills and qualities to enhance your CV and help you stand out in a highly competitive graduate employment market.
Throughout your studies you will benefit from strong connections with a range of external partners and collaborators including the NHS and local Health Boards, UK Research Council, Welsh Government and numerous national and international links.
Your research interests can cover a range of topics including:
- Ambulatory care
- Burns and plastics
- Cardiovascular disease
- Hospital at home
- Infectious diseases
- Pre-hospital care
- Trauma surgery
Your two year full time, or four year part-time, programme will feature:
- Practice-focused learning
- Supervision team with nominated supervisors
- Drawing on skills from the broader academic community
- Programme seminars and workshops
- Access to Wales’ premier purpose-build medical research facility
- Collaboration with industry and business partners
During your course you will benefit from our highly regarded specialist facilities and our top ranking research programmes. The research and innovation arm of Swansea University Medical School is the Institute of Life Science (ILS). The vision for ILS is to advance medical science through interdisciplinary research and innovation to improve the health wealth and well-being of the people of Wales and beyond.
- Swansea University Medical School is a leading UK centre for medical research
- Ranked Top 5 for Overall Research Quality (REF2021)
- 100% world class or internationally excellent in terms of impact (REF 2021)
- Postgraduate students will have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science (ILS)
- Close links with the Faculty of Science and Engineering, especially through the Centre for NanoHealth