At Swansea University, the emphasis of our nanotechnology research is on the development of applications-driven research and the transfer of technology from the laboratory to the workplace or health centre.
Interaction with industry is a key component of the centre’s strategy. We are a world-leader in power electronics, telecommunications, nanotechnology and biometrics and modelling of nanoelectronic devices research.
Our world-class Systems and Process Engineering Centre brings together academic expertise from across the University, incorporating state-of-the-art facilities.
With our enviable reputation for research in Nanotechnology, Swansea University provides an excellent base for your research as a PhD or MPhil student in Nanotechnology.
Recent PhD theses supervised in the area of Nanotechnology at Swansea University include:
- The application of semiconductor technology for effective single cell studies
- Cellular uptake and trafficking of nanoparticles
- Micro and Nano particle drug delivery systems
- ''Practical network coding schemes for energy efficient long term evolution radio access networks''
- Study of the uptake of nanoparticles by cells
- Nanoplasmonics biosensing based on dipole nanoantenna