Swansea University is pleased to offer generous scholarship packages to international students – click the links below to see eligibility criteria, details of how to apply and the deadlines. Some of our scholarships can be combined so make sure you apply for all that are relevant to you and your chosen course.
Each year we have a number of International Excellence Scholarships available for students who have already demonstrated academic excellence or show potential to do so during their time at Swansea University. Scholarships are awarded as a discount off tuition fees.
|Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarship||Up to £6,000
(£4,000 awarded in Year 1 and £2,000 awarded in Year 2 subject to achieving a 65% average)
September Entry – 12.00 GMT 21st August 2020
January Entry – 12.00 GMT 21st December 2020
Please note to be considered for a scholarship, you must already hold an offer to study with Swansea University. Once you are ready to apply please complete an Excellence Scholarship Application Form and return to email@example.com
International students will be eligible for a £2,000 per year fee reduction.
Learn more about studying Pharmacy at Swansea University
Terms and Conditions:
1. Recipients must be classified as overseas students for fee purposes.
2. Must be enrolling onto Year 1 of the MPharm (Hons) Pharmacy degree at Swansea University in academic year 2021/2022, 2022/23 or 2023/24. This is the ONLY degree to which the scholarship applies.
3. The scholarship of £2,000 per annum will be applied as a discount off tuition fees for each of the four years of study in which a student is registered, up to a maximum of £8000.
4. Students in receipt of SIPS, may still apply for other scholarships or bursaries offered by the University or externally, and SIPS will be given irrespective of other awards that are received. The terms and conditions of other awards should, however, be checked to confirm that they can be given alongside SIPS.
5. If it is deemed necessary for a scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held on university account and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis.
Music Scholarships at Swansea University
Our Music Entrance Scholarships are designed to enable talented musicians to continue to develop their skill and musicianship in a supportive environment. These scholarships are open to new undergraduate students studying any subject and are tenable for the duration of the scholar's undergraduate degree.
Two kinds of music scholarships are available:
- University Instrumental Scholarships
- Joint Choral Scholarships, held in conjunction with St Mary’s Church
The scholarships have a nominal value of £1000 per year, comprising:
- Regular individual lessons in the scholar’s instrument or voice
- A bursary of £300 per year, to support the purchase of sheet music, exam fees, etc
To apply and to find out more information please visit our Music website pages
The scheme aims to cover the enormous spectrum of talent which young people reveal in individual and team sports. We look for students who not only satisfy the normal academic requirements for admission but who have also demonstrated outstanding ability in whatever sporting sphere they have made their specialty.
Full details, including the application form, can be found here: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/sport/high-performance-sports-and-scholarships/tass-and-scholarships/
Deadline & Queries
The deadline for applications is Friday 28th February 2020. Should you have any further questions regarding your application, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org / Alun.Davies@swansea.ac.uk or call 01792 543571.
The School of Management’s Developing Futures Scholarship is up to the value of £2000 and available to non-EU undergraduate students who have an offer to study at the School of Management in either September 2020 or January 2021. For successful applicants, once awarded the scholarship value is deducted from tuition fees.
Deadline for Scholarship application -
Course start date:
Deadline for application:
September 2020 →
31 July 2020
January 2021 →
21 December 2020
To find out more about the Scholarship, eligibility criteria and how you can apply, please see the School of Management’s Developing Futures Scholarship webpage
- Courses and Entry Requirements
- Costs, Fees and Funding
- Application Guidelines
- Your Country Information
- Life in Swansea
- Visa Information and Support
- English Language Training Services
- The College, Swansea University
- Study Abroad & Exchange
- Our Agents
- Contact us
- Interactive International Guide 2021
- Coronavirus Q&As for International Students