Why Choose Swansea University?
- High Rankings
Ranked Top in Wales (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2020)
UK Top 5 for Career Prospects (Guardian University League Table 2020)
UK University of the Year (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019)
- Beautiful location and interesting culture – Swansea University campuses are on the beach, close to the city centre, with an excellent student lifestyle and a perfect study environment. Wales has lots of interesting history and the friendliest people in the UK!
- On-Campus University accommodation – we can guarantee you a place in one of our University residencies if you apply by the specified deadline for the guarantee. We have a full range of accommodation to suit your budgets and your needs.
- Low cost of living compared to the rest of the UK.
Information for Irish students
Candidates are expected to have achieved an Irish Leaving Certificate with an average of 360 points.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor Degree, or its equivalent, from a recognised University/College of Higher Education with a minimum of a Bachelor Honours: Second Class Lower Division or Bachelor General: Merit Grade 2.(60-69%)
Please note that some courses may require a higher entry requirement. You are advised to check with the individual course, or check the conditions stated in your offer letter.
Please refer to the Undergraduate tuition fee information here.
Tuition Fee Loans
To help with your tuition fees, you can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan from the UK Government. The great thing about this is that you don’t need to worry about repaying this until you have graduated from your course and have earnings of a certain level. More information can be found on Student Finance Wales
Please refer to the Postgraduate tuition fee information here.
As a student from an EU member state you are likely to be eligible for Home tuition fees rates for all of our courses if you start in January 2021.
In addition to a fee reduction, EU students are also eligible for a range of scholarships, including:
- Excellence Scholarships - £3,000 cash for students who achieve 3 ‘A’ grades at A Level or equivalent
- Merit Scholarships - £2,000 cash for students who achieve ‘AAB’ grades at A Level of equivalent
Find out more about our scholarships here.
See the Postgraduate Fees and Funding section of the website for more information.
Other Funding Opportunities
Erasmus+ Master Loans allow students to apply for financial support for their master's studies abroad. Loans are offered by participating banks and student loan agencies on favourable conditions to mobile students, including better than market interest rates and up to two years to allow graduates to get into a job before beginning repayment.
Undergraduate: All applications for full-time undergraduate degrees and Higher National Diplomas must be made through UCAS, the Universities Colleges and Admissions Service. You should also use UCAS if you wish to transfer from one university to another. More information on the Undergraduate Admissions Pages
Postgraduate: The quickest and most efficient way to apply for one of our postgraduate programmes is to apply online. This way, you can also track your application at each stage of the process and print off a copy of your decision letter. However, if you prefer, you can download a paper application form on the Postgraduate Admissions Pages.
Visa Information for EU students
For more information please visit our Information for EU/EEASwiss students including the EU Settlement scheme page.
- Courses and Entry Requirements
- Costs, Fees and Funding
- Application Guidelines
- Your Country Information
- Life in Swansea
- Visa Information and Support
- English Language Training Services
- The College, Swansea University
- Study Abroad & Exchange
- Our Agents
- Contact us
- Interactive International Guide 2021
- Coronavirus Q&As for International Students