If you want to come to Swansea but are already holding a place at another University, you can now “self-release” yourself into Clearing.  About a quarter of people who went through Clearing last year did so because they had changed their minds about the place they wanted to study, so you won’t be alone.

Self Release in UCAS

UCAS has made it easier for applicants to change Universities after they know their results. Instead of contacting your chosen university or college and waiting to be released into Clearing, you are now able to do this yourself from your UCAS Track account.

  1. Log in to your UCAS Track account

  2. Click the link to ‘Decline my place’ on your homepage - you will be taken to a page explaining the process and asked to confirm you are sure you want to release.

  3. That’s it! Once this has been completed, your status on Track will show that you are in Clearing. You will then be able to refer yourself via your Track account to the course you’ve been offered in Clearing at Swansea.

Why choose Swansea?

Swansea University is 12th in the UK for student satisfaction
Complete University Guide- UK top 30