Using Clearing if you’ve changed your mind
What is self-release?
This year for the first time, UCAS have made it easier for applicants to change Universities after they know their results. Instead of contacting your chosen university or college and waiting to be released into Clearing, you are now able to do this yourself from your UCAS Track account.
- Log in to your UCAS Track account
- Click the link to ‘Decline my place’ on your homepage - you will be taken to a page explaining the process and asked to confirm you are sure you want to release.
- That’s it! Once this has been completed, your status on Track will show that you are in Clearing. You will then be able to refer yourself via your Track account to the course you’ve been offered in Clearing at Swansea.
Why choose Swansea?
- 2019 Clearing Vacancies for UK/EU students
- 2019 Clearing vacancies for international (non-EU) applicants
- What is Clearing?
- Apply for Clearing
- Enrolment and Arrivals
- Questions about Clearing?
- Using Clearing if you’ve changed your mind
- Accommodation for Clearing, Adjustment & Late Applicants
- 'I came to Swansea through Clearing...'
- International (non-EU) Clearing applicants
- Clearing advice for students with disabilities
- Student finance for Clearing
- Late applications to study at Swansea University
- Registering for Adjustment - What is it and how?
- What is UCAS Extra?