You will find information and advice about travelling by taxi below.
Taxi Service Providers
Data Cabs – 01792 474747
Private Hire Vehicles
Cwmbwrla Cabs 01792 646666
East Side Cabs 01792 771166
Kilvey Cabs 01792 457888
New Forest Cabs 01792 585666
Oyster Cabs 01792 367777
Swallow Cabs 01792 895533
Sketty Cabs 01792 299299
Yellow Cabs 2020 Ltd 01792 644446
Private hire vehicles do not ‘rank’ and can only be pre-booked.
Booking & Payment
- If pre-booking a taxi, we recommend you use a company with an app. This will mean you have a confirmed time, the registration number of the vehicle, and will be able to track the vehicle via the app. Data Cabs offers a downloadable app.
- Most taxis require payment by cash. Approximate prices can vary between £10 and £14 (to city centre from Singleton, Bay and HSV). Please note that taxis are metered, so unless a price has been agreed, traffic delays mean the price might go up.
- The main night time taxi rank based in the city centre is located on Caer Street at the top of Wind Street.
- There is another taxi rank servicing Wind Street which is located in York Street (adjacent to Little Wind Street where the nightclub Fiction is situated).
Travelling Safely by Taxi
Follow these top tips for safe taxi travel:
- Take a photo of the badge showing the taxi plate number, using your mobile phone.
- Sit behind the driver if you are alone.
- Try and share the journey with other students that you know.
- Do not enter the vehicle unless the driver has two matching ID badges; one in the cab on the front dashboard, and one worn by the driver.
- There should only be one driver on board and no other passenger in the vehicle already.
- A meter should be visible, and a price agreed for the journey.
- Never get in a car unless you know for certain it is an official Taxi Cab.
Please note that it is mandatory to wear a face mask when travelling by taxi.
Further information, including important safety advice and taxi rank locations is available over on the City and County of Swansea website.