I am the Associate Dean Education for the Faculty of Science and Engineering. Previously I was the School Education Lead for Biosciences, Geography and Physics (2021 – 22) and the Director of Learning and Teaching for the College of Science (2019-2021). My focus is on enhancing learning, teaching and assessment practices within the Faculty and providing oversight of quality assurance and strategic delivery of undergraduate and post-graduate degree programmes. This includes
• Leading the Faculty to deliver an excellent student experience and quality learning opportunities for all undergraduate and post-graduate taught students
• Leading and supporting faculty-wide portfolio development, changes to enhance existing programmes and the validation of new programmes
• Delivering staff development activities for leadership and excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment
• Working in partnership with students to enhance the learning community, experience and opportunities
• Expanding the Faculty’s education outreach to address societal needs, enriching the talent pipeline, Graduate Outcomes and upskilling the STEM workforce.
I obtained my PhD in Conservation Biology in 2010. Following this I undertook a PGCE and begun lecturing in Swansea Biosciences in 2011. My disciplinary expertise is in Ecology, particularly Freshwater Biology. I teach a range of modules in Conservation and Ecology, leading local and international field courses. My modules align with sector leading industry standards (BIOM22, BIO331). I have a deep interest in evidence-based teaching and undertake pedagogic research in Assessment and Feedback and graduate employability.