The Department brings together over 30 academic staff, dedicated technicians, and administrative support staff. All academic staff in Psychology are active, internationally recognised researchers.
The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014:
- 100% at 4* (world-leading) for research impact
- Joint first in the UK league tables
- 1 of 4 departments out of 82 to attain a 100% rating for research impact
- 27/82 departments in the UK (by GPA)
- 44% of 4* research activity; 31% of 3* (internationally excellent) research activity
- GPA of 3.18; research power score of 47
The Department of Psychology undertakes scientific research under four broad themes: Clinical and Health Psychology, Cognition and Perception, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Forensic Psychology.