The MRes in Logic and Computation develops your skills and knowledge of advanced techniques in logic, and their application in computer science research problems. You receive an elite education with direct relevance to research and development problems in modern technologies. Logic is the basis for reasoning in expression and computation, with a profound influence across philosophy, linguistics, mathematics and technology. Since the invention of computers, logic has been the primary source of ideas and techniques for the theoretical and practical development of programming.
Today there is an explosive growth of research in logic and its application in software and hardware development, because it has great value to industry and innovation. Formal methods are integral to system development in specialised sectors such as automotive electronics, avionics, and chip design.
Computer Science at Swansea University is widely acknowledged as a leading UK department, with a raft of rankings reflecting teaching and research excellence.
Why Computer Science at Swansea?
- 5th in the UK for Overall Satisfaction by the National Student Survey, 2021
- 5th for course satisfaction by the Guardian University Guide, 2021
- UK TOP 12 for Graduate Prospects by the Complete University Guide, 2022
- Ranked Top 20 in the UK for Research Excellence [Research Excellence Framework 2014-2021]
- World-ranked [QS World University Rankings]