Pre-arrival Money Checklist
It is important for students to consider their financial plan before enrolling onto their course, and ensure that they are accessing the funding and support available to them. Use the checklist below to help with your financial plan, and please remember that Money@CampusLife are available to answer any student money related queries.
- Contact funding provider and/or Money@CampusLife to check what funding I am eligible for.
- Submit an application for funding.
- Check how funding affects my benefits.
- Make a note of accommodation payment deadlines by checking my tenancy agreement or the University’s website (if in University accommodation)
- Make a list of my income for the year e.g.
- Maintenance funding
- Social Work/NHS Bursary*
- Grants for dependents
- University grants
- Part-time work
- Parental contribution
- Make a list of my expenses for the year e.g.
- Books and Equipment
- Use the income and expenditure list to create a budget plan.
- Collect ID card in September for funding to be released.
*It is important to note that if you are a September 2019 cohort NHS funded students, you will not receive your first NHS Bursary payment until the end of October 2019.