Entry requirements

International and EU entry requirements

Entry requirements for individual courses can vary widely. If you are currently studying towards non-UK qualifications or hold a non-UK qualification you must obtain a suitable equivalent for entry onto our courses at Swansea University. 

All our minimum entry requirements and relevant country information can be found on our individual 
country pages, or alternatively you can download our complete global lists 

These are only a guide as other factors are considered when assessing your eligibility. Some courses may require additional requirements and/or specific subjects that are relevant to the choice of your degree. We advise all students to check the course pages or to enquire before applying. 

If your country is not listed and you are unsure if you qualify to study with us, you can contact the Admissions Office - international.admissions@swansea.ac.uk

English Language Entry Requirements

You will be expected to show a good level of English for entry into the UK and for our courses. English language requirements are stated on the individual course pages. In most cases we require an IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) for undergraduate courses and IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) for postgraduate entry. 

Swansea University also recognises a range of English language tests and qualifications which are also recognised by the UK Home Office as Secure English language tests (SELTS). 

Pathway courses for students who do not meet minimum entry requirements

If you do not meet the minimum requirements for direct entry to the first year of a degree scheme, you can be considered for entry into a four year integrated degree scheme, or alternatively a foundation or pre-masters programme via The College, which offers a range undergraduate and postgraduate pathways leading to a degree award from Swansea University.

Can I apply as a visiting or exchange student?

Swansea University has over 100 partners across the world and we welcome applications from students wishing to study at Swansea as an exchange or visiting student. 

Exchange students: must be selected by their home University for exchange with Swansea University. You will receive detailed information on the application procedure from your home University's International Exchange / Study Abroad Office.

Direct Enrolment: students from a United States university which offer a Study Abroad programme at Swansea University on a fee-paying basis.  Please request further information from  your home university Study Abroad Coordinator.

If you are not able to come to Swansea as an Exchange student, you may wish to consider becoming a 'Visiting Student'. Please note that Swansea University does not accept 'Freemover' applications. Visiting students are required to pay tuition fees for the time spent at Swansea University.

For more information please contact our Go Global team.