Why Choose Swansea University?
- High Rankings
Ranked Top in Wales (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2020)
UK Top 5 for Career Prospects (Guardian University League Table 2020)
UK University of the Year (WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019)
- Beautiful location and interesting culture – Swansea University campuses are on the beach, close to the city centre, with an excellent student lifestyle and a perfect study environment. Wales has lots of interesting history and the friendliest people in the UK!
- On-Campus University accommodation – we can guarantee you a place in one of our University residencies if you apply by the specified deadline for the guarantee. We have a full range of accommodation to suit your budgets and your needs.
- Low cost of living compared to the rest of the UK.
Information for students from Japan
Candidates are expected to have achieved a Diploma (from a Specialised / Professional Training College), or Successful completion of the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Japanese University with a minimum score of 60%-70% with an IELTS 6.0 with 5.5 in each part of the test.
Successful completion of a relevant Bachelors degree from a recognised institution with a minimum of 70% awarded; including an IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in each part of the test (or equivalent).
Engineering Foundation Programme
Candidates are expected to have achieved an Upper Secondary school certificate with an IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum 5.5 in each part).
Please note that some courses may require higher entry requirements and English Language requirements. You are advised to check with the individual course or check the conditions stated in your offer letter. Please see the entry requirements page for further details
Specific tuition fees can be found on each of the course pages. Please choose your undergraduate, postgraduate taught or research course from the A-Z listings and fees can be found under the 'tuition fees' section.
Swansea University International Scholarships
Swansea University offers a range of international scholarships to help the most talented and ambitious students to reach their potential. To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, you must have submitted an application to study at Swansea University as you will need your student number to complete the scholarship form.
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, it is advised that you should apply to Swansea University as soon as possible to avoid any possible delays.
You can submit an application form using our online system. You will be required to send us your transcripts, English language certificates and a personal statement.
We have a carefully selected number of agents representing Swansea University who can support you with your application for study, accommodation and the UK visa.
Please remember that offers can take up to 15 days to be processed.
Please email our International admissions team if you have still not received an offer.
- Courses and Entry Requirements for International Students
- Costs, Fees and Funding for International Students
- Application Guidelines
- Your Country Information
- Life in Swansea
- English Language Training Services
- Visa Information and Support
- The College, Swansea University
- Study Abroad & Exchange
- Our Agents
- Contact us
- Interactive International Guide 2021
- Coronavirus Q&As for International Students