We allocate students based on your category:
Undergraduate (1st Year)
- This means that you have not previously studied at Swansea University.
Returner/Continuing (2nd, 3rd Year etc.,)
- Have already studied and / or have lived in Swansea previously.
Postgraduate (Masters Course) / PHD Students
- New and returning students continuing to study.
Health Science Course (Nurse, Midwife etc.,)
- If you are studying a medical course, whether, through the College of Medicine or Human & Health Science, you may be on a Non-Standard Course length:
Other / Part-Year, Exchange etc.,
- Students Studying abroad or visiting from another university.
1st Year Undergraduate Students
You are guaranteed accommodation for the next Academic Session if you:
- Have chosen Swansea as your 1st choice or Insurance choice university &
- Applied for accommodation by the 30th June &
- Confirmed your acceptance to study by the 20th August
The guarantee is for a room in residences, WE DO NOT guarantee specific rooms, blocks or particular residence sites.
This means to be guaranteed a place in residence you must be studying full-time, meet the terms of your offer from Swansea and apply for accommodation by 30 June.
- This does not apply to Clearing and Late applications.
We try to extend this to and clearing students when we can.
Applications received after 30 June are allocated by date alongside Insurance and Clearing students.
Some residences are very popular and heavily subscribed therefore we do not guarantee a place in a particular residence.
|Offer to Study Held||Type of Offer|
|Unconditional Firm||You have an offer to study with no conditions attached.|
|Conditional Firm||You need to meet criteria set out in your offer letter, such as exam result|
|Insurance||Swansea is your 2nd choice university|
|Clearing||You are coming through the UCAS clearing process|
|Foundation, Exchange||Non full Degrees|
International Postgraduate Students
- Priority for university residences is given to international postgraduate students
- All international postgraduate students are eligible to apply for university accommodation
UK Postgraduate Students
- We will have some rooms available in university residences for UK postgraduate students. Additionally, Student Accommodation Services (SAS) will assist UK postgraduate students to find private sector housing.
- For further information on finding accommodation in the private sector please see SAS Lettings
What happens if I apply after the 30th June?
- All students applying after this date will be allocated in line with our allocations policy.
- In the event that we are unable to house late applicants, we will hold a Housing Fayre where students will be assisted in finding private sector accommodation.