For your peace of mind, our accommodation guarantee provides you with a level of confidence when applying for accommodation at Swansea University.
You are guaranteed accommodation for the next academic year if you have:
- Chosen Swansea as your first or insurance (second) choice university
- Applied for accommodation by 30 June
- Confirmed your acceptance to study by 20 August
To be guaranteed a place in halls of residence you must:
- Be studying full-time
- Meet the terms of your offer from Swansea
- Apply for accommodation by 30 June (applications received after 30 June are allocated by date alongside insurance and clearing students).
The above guarantee of halls of residence accommodation does not apply to clearing and late applications; however, we do try to extend this to them if possible.
Please note that the guarantee is for a room in halls of residences, we are not able to guarantee specific rooms, blocks or residence sites as some residences are very popular and heavily subscribed.
Priority for university residences is given to international postgraduate students. All international postgraduate students are eligible to apply for university accommodation.
What happens if I apply after 30 June?
All students applying after this date will be allocated in line with our allocations policy.
If we are unable to house late applicants in our halls of residences, we will provide virtual or in person support to those looking to find accommodation.