If you don’t have your own bike, you can hire one of our Santander Cycles.
There are hubs located on both our campuses (additional hubs are at: Southend in Mumbles, Waterfront Museum, Civic Centre, Fabian Way Park & Ride).
As part of a staff and student wellbeing offer, Swansea University students and staff get a free annual membership, which means the first 30 minutes of every ride is free, with each 30 minutes thereafter just 50p!
How to Get Your Swansea University FREE Annual Subscription.
If you haven’t already registered for the scheme, just follow these simple steps:
- Download the latest version of the nextbike app to register and have access to the newest features (available on iOS and Android). Alternatively, you can do it on the website: wsantandercycles.co.uk. Don’t forget to accept the Ts&Cs.
- Once registered, select ‘Activate Account’.
- Complete the ‘Profile Fields’. Remember to register with your @swansea.ac.uk email address.
- Select ‘Unlock Options’ and enter your payment details. A £5 deposit is required to verify your information and will become a credit on your account. Note: Prepaid cards are NOT accepted. For more information, please refer to our T&Cs or email us at email@example.com
- Verify your account by clicking on the link sent to you via email.
Note: To redeem your subscription, you must be registered with your @swansea.ac.uk email address. Membership rates apply to the first bike you hire. All additional rentals will be charged at the standard Pay As You Ride rate. By renting for more than 24 hours, you will be charged for the whole next day.
If you’re already registered with your Swansea Uni address:
If you’re already signed up with your Swansea Uni address, nextbike will need to reverify your account. You should have received an email from nextbike (you may need to check your junk mail). Make sure you verify your email and then the free subscription will be added.
If you’re registered with a personal email address (other than @swansea.ac.uk):
If you registered using your own personal email address, the system will not recognise you as a student or staff member at Swansea Uni. You’ll need to change your email to your @swansea.ac.uk email address in the app. You’ll receive an email from nextbike asking you to verify your email. Once you’ve done that your subscription will be applied.
If you have any queries, nextbike’s customer service team can help: firstname.lastname@example.org
00 44 20 8166 9851.
Where Can I Go?
You can go anywhere you like on your Santander Cycle – it's up to you! The bikes really are a great way of getting around and exploring Swansea. Maybe you'd like to take in the sights of Mumbles, or enjoy a gentle ride along Swansea promenade? If you're looking for some ride inspiration, have a look at this handy electronic cycle route map. Just make sure you return your Santander cycle to an official docking station when you’re done, that the bike's computer says returned and you physically check your nextbike is locked before leaving the station.
Where Can I Find Out More?
You can find out everything you need to know about registering for Santander Cycles Swansea, including information on how to find, rent, park and return the bikes over on the scheme website.