Students from Portugal
Why Choose Swansea University?
- High Rankings:
- UK Top 30 University (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2019)
- UK Top 10 for Student Satisfaction (NSS, 2018)
- UK Top 10 for Graduate Prospects (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education, 2018)
- Beautiful location and interesting culture – Swansea University campuses are on the beach, close to the city centre, with excellent student lifestyle and a perfect study environment. Wales has lots of interesting history and the friendliest people in the UK!
- On-Campus University accommodation – we can guarantee you a place in one of our University residencies if you apply by the specified deadline for the guarantee. We have a full range of accommodation to suit your budgets and your needs.
- Low cost of living compared to the rest of the UK.
Information for Portuguese students
Candidates are expected to have achieved a Certificado de fim de Estudos Secundários and/or Diploma de Ensino Secundario Diploma de Ensino Secundario with a minimum score of 14 - 17 with IELTS 6.0 with 5.5 in each part of the test (or equivalent).
Candidates must hold a Bachelor Degree, or its equivalent, from a recognised University/College of Higher Education with a minimum of a Licenciado/ Diploma de Estudos Superiores Especializados – DESE: 14 (out of 20) with IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in each part of the test (or equivalent).
Please note that some courses may require higher entry requirements and/or English Language requirements. You are advised to check with the individual course, or check the conditions stated in your offer letter.
The tuition fees for students commencing full-time study in 2019 will be £9,000 per year. Students will not have the terms of their funding changed if the UK leaves the EU during their course of studies. If you are studying for a degree for the first time in the UK you will not be required to pay the tuition fees upfront, and as an EU student you will be eligible for:
Tuition Fee Loans
To help with your tuition fees, you can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan from the UK Government. The great thing about this is that you don’t need to worry about repaying this until you have graduated from your course and have earnings of a certain level. More information can be found on Student Finance Wales
The standard full-time tuition fee costs for EU postgraduate students will be:-
- Research programmes = £4,260
- Taught master's programmes from £4,900 to £12,500 depending on the subject category.
You can find details of the tuition fee costs on each postgraduate taught course page
In addition to a fee reduction, EU students are also eligible for a range of scholarships, including:
- Excellence Scholarships - £3,000 cash for students who achieve 3 ‘A’ grades at A Level or equivalent
- Merit Scholarships - £2,000 cash for students who achieve ‘AAB’ grades at A Level of equivalent
Find out more about our scholarships here.
- Masters Scholarships (Postgraduate taught programmes) - £3,000 towards tuition fees for students starting eligible courses – 100 scholarships available
See the Postgraduate Fees and Funding section of the website to find out more about the funding we have available.
Other Funding Opportunities
Erasmus+ Master Loans allow students to apply for financial support for their master's studies abroad. Loans are offered by participating banks and student loan agencies on favourable conditions to mobile students, including better than market interest rates and up to two years to allow graduates to get into a job before beginning repayment.
Undergraduate: All applications for full-time undergraduate degrees and Higher National Diplomas must be made through UCAS, the Universities Colleges and Admissions Service. You should also use UCAS if you wish to transfer from one university to another. More information on the Undergraduate Admissions Pages
Postgraduate: The quickest and most efficient way to apply for one of our postgraduate programmes is to apply online. This way, you can also track your application at each stage of the process and print off a copy of your decision letter. However, if you prefer, you can download a paper application form on the Postgraduate Admissions Pages.
Swansea University Statement on EU Fees
Swansea University will honour the tuition fees that students originally agreed when they enrolled on their programme of study, subject to usual inflationary increases, until completion, irrespective of any changes brought by Brexit and level of study (undergraduate, postgraduate taught or postgraduate research). Any NEW students enrolling after May 2019 (Brexit) will be subject to whatever the stated fees are at the time of enrolment.
EU students beginning in 2019/20 will also be able to access student loans from Student Finance Wales details of which can be found on the Student Finance Wales website.
For more information please visit our UK Referendum Information Page.