Swansea University... Where Global Futures Begin

As an Engineering student, you may be able to transfer from your regular BSc, BEng or MEng programme to one which includes a year abroad. This extends your degree by one year. You will usually need to start thinking about this during your first year and then come along to Study Abroad talks at the start of your second year, where we will tell you what you need to do next. You may already be on a four-year course which includes a year abroad.

Below you can view a list of available year abroad options for students going abroad in 2024/25. This list can change annually so please be prepared to be flexible! 

Enrolment on a programme with a semester/year abroad does not guarantee you a semester/year abroad placement. Spaces are limited and subject to a competitive selection process. In the event you do not secure a semester/year abroad placement, you will be transferred to the standard variant of your degree scheme without a semester or year abroad.