To access the support package, you will need to provide one of these sources of evidence to prove your carers status:
- A supporting letter from an appropriate professional, for example your GP, other medical professional or manager of a Carers' Centre confirming your carers status. Your supportive letter will need to include; Your name, who you care for, and a breif outline of your caring responsibilties.
- Document evidencing that you are, or have been, in receipt of Carer’s Allowance.
- A supporting letter from a local voluntary sector young carers project on headed paper or via email from the organisation concerned.
- A supporting letter from your school or college explaining and confirming your status as a carer for someone with long-term ill-health, mental health problems or a disability on headed paper or via email from the organisation concerned.
*Your supportive evidence needs to be dated within the last 12 months.
*We will not be able to accept any letters or documentation regarding the person you care for, unless it names you as their carer.
*You will only be required to provide evidence once if you continue to access the package for the duration of your studies. If your caring responsibilities do change during your studies, you will be expected to notify Welfare@CampusLife of these changes.
- In addition, to proving carers status you will need to provide your award letter from your relevant funding body, for example, Student Finance England/Wales or the NHS for Undergraduate students.
- Post graduate students are expected to show that they have made adequate financial provision for tuition fees and living costs prior to commencing their course. Please provide documentary evidence of all funding sources including Bursary Notification, Scholarship Award Notification, Professional Career Development Loan, Tuition Fee Bursary and any other relevant financial evidence, such as savings and earned income.