Creating a community of digital innovation
The Computational Foundry comprises the staff of Swansea University’s Computer Science and Mathematics departments as its core team.
This facilitates cross-discipline research, working with a ‘wider’ computational science community, encompassing academics from other disciplines within the University where academic interests overlap.
The Computational Foundry will be a place where industry partners can work with us, test new ideas, people from all disciplines can link up on research collaborations, and where the digital innovators of tomorrow are completing their studies.
Cyber security (‘Securing Life’), health technologies (‘Sustaining Life’) and the increasing pervasiveness of digital in everyday life (‘Enhancing Life’) will be the three core research themes initially, but the Foundry will adopt a flexible approach, responding to industry needs and emerging research priorities across computational science.
The Foundry will be the crucible for innovation and business engagement in the ICT sector, creating an eco-system for meaningful career opportunities across all sectors. EU funding supports us to drive forward cutting-edge research and innovation for Wales’ global success, which will have a positive impact on people, businesses and communities across Wales by helping build a thriving economy for all.
- College of Science Home
- Computer Science
- Science Research
- Science International
- Science Postgraduate Scholarships
- Science Community Engagement
- Computational Foundry at Swansea University
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Our Science Staff
- Equality in Science
- College of Science Research Ethics Committee (REC)
- College of Science Alumni
- Study in the College of Science
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training
- CHERISH-DE Digital Economy Research Centre
- Swansea Academy of Advanced Computing (SA2C)