Inclusive Student Support Services provides a broad range of support including:
- Assistance with applications for funding;
- Arrangements made for exam adjustments, e.g. extra time, use of a computer etc;
- Liaison with your academic department, Residential Services, Transcription Centre and the Academic Registry
- Liaison with external agencies, such as your Local Education Authority, Student Finance Company the RNIB, RNID to facilitate the necessary support
- Assessments of needs, identifying the best available technology and human support
- Support for students with mental health difficulties from the Wellbeing Service
- Services for customers with impairments or long term health conditions at The Library
- Adapted Accommodation - A number of rooms in the campus halls have been adapted in various ways to accommodate the needs of students with disabilities. For further information on halls, including cost and location, please look at Residential Services.
- Telecare Service - This service has been set up in order to assist students who have a medical condition which may affect their ability to live independently in University residences. This is achieved through the combination of a 24 hours telephone link to the monitoring centre and state of the art technology.