Applies to students who have officially enrolled at the University
Requesting a refund
If you have made an overpayment or your tution fees have been reduced due to a late sponsor notification or you have suspended or withdrawn from your program you may request a refund from the University's Cash Office (situated on the ground floor of the Finance Building).
International student deposit
The international student deposit of £2,000 is refundable only in the event of a student being refused a visa to study full time in the UK (documentary evidence must be produced) or a student failing to meet the University's entry requirements.
Payment of the refund
Once it is established that a refund is payable the ensuing payment must be refunded to the original payer using the same method of payment as the original remittance due to UK Anti Money Laundering Legislation requirements.
Refund due to Withdrawal/Suspension
If you withdraw from you program early (or Suspend your studies) your tuition fee costs may be adjusted pro-rata based on your last date of attendance (see how your fees are adjusted section below). The adjusted fee amount will depend on your cohort, course status and domicile.
- No application for a refund of fees will be considered unless a withdrawal or suspension has been fully approved by your 'home' department/Academic Registry and processed by the Student Record Office.
- Where an international student enrols but withdraws or suspends during the first 2 weeks of term, the University will retain £1000 of the fee paid
- Any overpayment of tuition fees arising from a Suspension of studies will be automatically carried forward into the next Academic Session. The credit will be used to offset any fee liability upon resumption of studies. Students can however make a formal application for a refund at the point of suspension
- If after a period of suspension you resume studies at the start of the next Academic year you will become liable for the full course costs for that year
- If an International student is suspended or withdrawn for 'non-attendance' the date submitted to the UKBA will be used for fee recalculation purposes